[Announcements] ownCloud Foundation is here!

Markus Rex msrex at owncloud.com
Tue May 31 15:00:52 GMT 2016

Hi all,

Today we announced the creation of the ownCloud Foundation which will
guarantee the viability and availability of free ownCloud now and in
the future. We have made a commitment to open development in a blog
recently and want to extend that further to ensure that the community
is providing the direction, planning and atmosphere that is best for
the project. The ownCloud community has matured a lot over the last few
years and is certainly to play a bigger part in its own destiny.

We have added lots of info at foundation.owncloud.org (including
preliminary bylaws, elections, etc) but wanted to provide a few
highlights.
Membership is free and open to everyone.
We have proposed four working groups to focus on in the beginning:
- Technical
- Security
- Evangelism
- ownCloud Contributor Conference

For those of you who are already very involved with ownCloud, nothing
changes in how you contribute, and we are very thankful for your
continued support.

If you want to join the Foundation public mailing list or sign up for
emails that share Foundation announcements, you can do so on the new
foundation.owncloud.org site.

This is an exciting step toward making sure the ownCloud community
remains in the open and is governed by all of you.

Best,

  Markus

--
Markus Rex (msrex at owncloud.com)
Chief Executive Officer               10 Foster Road

Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!