[owncloud-devel] Cross Platform File Handling

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Thu Apr 3 10:07:06 GMT 2014

Hi,

this week Thomas and me met to discuss how we deal with cross platform
file name handling. You might know that different platforms (or more
precise different file systems) have limitations and requirements
regarding the file- and pathnames they are able to process.

ownCloud is not yet up to dealing with everything correctly, so we have
that on the roadmap.

A summary of what we came up with by now is here:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/Cross-Platform-File-Handling

Feel free to read and discuss (here) ... and maybe jump in and help :-)

regards,

Klaas