[owncloud-devel] GPS Tracker for OwnCloud

Jan-Christoph Borchardt hey at jancborchardt.net
Wed Apr 16 08:11:11 GMT 2014

Hey Nico,

and a great opportunity for collaboration on the Android side is the
OsmAnd app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.osmand
Also open source at https://github.com/osmandapp

OsmAnd is a solid app, already has wide exposure, and a strong
community which can help you on the Android development side.
And best: They already have a plugin for GPX logging:
https://code.google.com/p/osmand/wiki/HowToGpxRecord
Which can also track to online services. They use this syntax:
http://example.com?lat={0}&lon={1}&timestamp={2}&hdop={3}&altitude={4}&speed={5}

So basically it boils down enable the ownCloud Maps app to handle this.
I bet Qingping Hou who develops it (cc'd on this mail), would be really
happy about more contributors. :) And I guess GPX tracking was on the
roadmap anyway so that fits perfectly.