[owncloud-devel] Does a Sync Library exist?

Marvin Flock Marvin.Flock at rwth-aachen.de
Fri Apr 18 13:24:11 GMT 2014

Hi everyone,

I'll cut to the chase:
I am developing a Windows program in c# with the ability to synchronize
its' data bidirectional with an owncloud instance.
Now by any chance, is there a library or something equivalent for c# to
get this synchronization ability?

I don't need the desktop client, because it would be overkill, and
besides one needs to install that client first in order to use my program.

I read about csync, however the owncloud client uses a forked version
and it is not working without mirall, the GUI.
Further there is pyOwncloud, well, it is written in python and targets a
linux environment.

I thought about writing my own synchronization using the webDav interface,
but i don't know how much time and effort i need to invest.
Because for example, there are not only timestamps but Etags to use.

Maybe someone is able to help me, to figure out if there is any solution.

Greetings,
Marvin