[owncloud-devel] New provider in files_external app

Vincent Petry pvince81 at owncloud.com
Mon Apr 28 07:51:24 GMT 2014

Hi Duarte,

There are two possibilities:
1) Write a separate app that registers your new storage backend when the
app is enable
or
2) Submit a PR to the core to have it included as a core feature.

I'm not sure how popular that service is.

@DeepDiver and I were already discussing moving the existing storage
backends into separate apps instead of having them all in core.

So for you the safest is probably option 1): make an app out of it.

What do you think ?

Cheers,

Vincent