[owncloud-devel] Python client lib for ownCloud

Jan-Christoph Borchardt hey at jancborchardt.net
Mon Apr 28 10:05:28 GMT 2014

And it would be good to have a similar library in Javascript. ;) Then
quite a lot of great web apps could use ownCloud as backend and allow
people to store data in their ownCloud.

Kind of similar to http://remotestorage.io – see a proposal at
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/Project-ideas#owncloud-as-backend-for-web-apps

I know there’s jsDAV: https://github.com/mikedeboer/jsdav (Node.js) but
that seems to be to set up a WebDAV _server_ rather than a client.

Also cc’ing Ilian, developer of frontend-only app
http://www.tagspaces.org – an ownCloud JS library would be a perfect
fit there.