[owncloud-devel] The ownCloud apps "ecosystem"

Jan-Christoph Borchardt hey at jancborchardt.net
Mon Apr 28 10:45:17 GMT 2014

Some time ago I started putting together a page which lists the central
apps we have in ownCloud and which other apps (mobile, desktop, etc.)
work together with them:

Check the list out at: https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/Apps

It also has two other important sections:
* »Integration efforts«, with a list of how I think we can make it
easier for devs to integrate with ownCloud – documentation, libraries, …
* »External apps to integrate with« where we can list apps for which it
makes sense to sync with ownCloud, and where we asked the authors about
the possibility to do so

I think it’s very important that we try to work together with existing
apps as much as possible. Writing our own specific apps is not really
feasible and just way less sustainable than collaborating with existing
ones.

If the page is incomplete, please go ahead and edit it! (You have to be
part of the ownCloud organization on Github to do that. If you aren’t
just let me know what I missed.)