[owncloud-devel] ownCloud Client 1.6.0 beta2 released

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Wed Apr 30 10:49:34 GMT 2014

Hi,

as you might have realized, we are currently in the beta phase for the
next ownCloud Client 1.6.0. Today we released beta2.

As Daniel greatly described in
https://daniel.molkentin.net/2014/04/09/owncloud-client-1-6-the-tour/ ,
1.6.0 is a big feature release that will improve the client
significantly mainly in terms of performance but also in other areas.

During the 1.6.0 beta phase we kindly ask you to help us testing.

Please test the beta builds available through
http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/#testing with a test user on your
ownCloud installation. Do not use it with your production data yet as it
is beta software.

Your testing is very important because only with that we can keep up
with good quality of the software and further improve it.

Please report bugs to http://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues after
having carefully checked that it wasn't reported before. Please add the
tag [1.6.0 b2] tag to new bugs subject line.

This is the (draft) changelog delta to beta1:

 * Minor GUI improvements
 * Qt5 compile issues fixed
 * Ignore sync log file in filewatcher
 * Install libocsync to private library dir and use rpath to localize
 * Fix reconnect after server disconnect
 * Fix crashes
 * Fix "unknown action" display in Activity window
 * Fix memory leaks
 * Respect XDG_CONFIG_HOME environment var
 * Handle empty fileids in the journal correctly
 * Add abilility to compile libowncloudsync without GUI dependendy
 * Fix stat file size on Win32

Thanks everybody for your great help!

regards,

Klaas