[owncloud-devel] ownCloud Client 1.7.0 beta 1

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Fri Aug 22 10:37:55 GMT 2014

Hi,

I am very happy to announce the first beta version of ownCloud Client
1.7.0 which was released today.

The most visible feature is the introduction of overlay icons in Windows
Explorer, Mac Finder and Nautilus on Linux which show the sync state of
the files. Also there is the first step done towards a feature which we
call "selective sync". It allows to exclude directory trees out of a
syncing folder. Once you configure a new sync folder you will be able to
exclude parts of the file tree.

Please make sure to use this release ONLY with test installation and not
with your production data.

As usual, please report bugs in http://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues
and put the version into the header like [1.7.0 beta1].

Known problems:
==============

Win:
- After installation, Explorer might need a restart through TaskManager
to make the icons visible.
- On WinXP, the overlay icons will not show up. We're on it.

Mac:
- Uninstaller does not remove
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/OwnCloudFinder.osax,
  simply remove it manually if Finder goes wild, followed by 'killall
finder'.
  Finder will restart automatically.
- Installer icon is not nice yet. Volunteers?
- The package misses the build number

Linux:
- onwCloud Client has to be started before nautilus
- no dolphin support so far

Download Links:
===============

Win:
https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/testing/ownCloud-1.7.0.3659beta1-setup.exe
Mac:
https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/testing/ownCloud%20Installer%201.7.0beta1.pkg
Src:
https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/testing/mirall-1.7.0beta1.tar.bz2
MD5 6149898985d588617b89ec9191cd7e8d  mirall-1.7.0beta1.tar.bz2

Linux packages are available in
https://software.opensuse.org/download/package?project=isv:ownCloud:community:testing&package=owncloud-client-nautilus

Please install the new package owncloud-client-nautilus to get overlay
icons in Gnome's file manager nautilus.

Thanks for all your support and help,

Klaas
for your Desktop Team.