[owncloud-devel] ownCloud 8 feature freeze reminder

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Mon Dec 15 19:47:20 GMT 2014

Hi everyone,

as discussed earlier we are moving to a time based and faster release schedule.
Feature freeze for ownCloud 8 will be Dec 31th. January will be reserved for bugfixing only and the final release is scheduled for early February.
8.1 will come 3 month after that.

So please make sure that every pull request that you want the have in ownCloud 8 is merged in the next few days and Dec 31th the latest.

I created a new wiki page with a rough list of the new features and the beta/RC release schedule.
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features

It would be great if everyone could go over the list and add the features that are already merged or will very likely be merged for 8.0

Thanks a lot!!

Frank