[owncloud-devel] Rpm updates deployment problem

Alessandro Polidori alessandro.polidori at nethesis.it
Wed Dec 17 14:04:57 GMT 2014

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with rpm cycle release of owncloud.

At Nethesis we work to create an rpm package "nethserver-owncloud" for
NethServer enterprise linux distro, to install ownCloud with one-signle
click by a web interface.

The problem resides in the updates deployment: the owncloud updates from
old release (for example 6.x) to new versions (for example 7.0.3) is not
supported, so it is necessary to do all updates in between, but this is
not possible using yum.

Each time ownCloud release a new version we can not be certain that all
the community members has installed the last update.

We put the "owncloud" and "owncloud-3rdparty" packages in our
repositories to be sure that each release of "nethserver-owncloud" is
tested.

Can you suggest a solution ?

--
Alessandro Polidori - www.nethesis.it