[owncloud-devel] ownCloud Share API changes

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at owncloud.com
Tue Dec 23 13:06:22 GMT 2014

Hi all,

in order to improve the server-to-server sharing we need to extend the
ownCloud Share API. This is already merged in core and will be released
with ownCloud 8. I took care to update the calendar and contacts app.

What changed:

The Share_Backend interface now defines the additional method
isShareTypeAllowed($shareType):
https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/master/lib/public/share_backend.php#L78

The method allows you to define which share types are supported by your
app, either hard coded or configurable. The easiest solution is to just
return true. This way the sharing API will behave exactly as before.

cheers,
Björn

--
Björn Schießle <schiessle at owncloud.com>