[owncloud-devel] Pictures App Enhancements

Tim McIver tim at timmciver.com
Mon Feb 10 05:08:50 MET 2014

Hello,

I originally sent this to the 'user' mailing list but I guess it's more
appropriate here.

I'm new to OC but really loving it.  One thing I find disappointing is
the default 'Pictures' app.  I'd like to be able to organize pictures
into galleries as well as to tag them.  As I understand it the
'Pictures' app is just a view into the user's files.  It looks like the
'Pictures' app does support the creation of galleries, though I have no
idea how to create one.  Also, it's not obvious how to add images
(there's already an issue for this:
https://github.com/owncloud/apps/issues/82). There's also an issue for
supporting tagging:
https://github.com/owncloud/apps/issues/1124.

I'm very willing to contribute to OC to get the functionality that I
want but I wanted to find out what the best course of action is. Are
these changes that should be a part of the 'Pictures' app or should I
create my own separate app (or use/contribute to an existing third party
app)?

I appreciate any feedback.  And thanks for a great application!

Tim