[owncloud-devel] WebDAV problem

Damjan Gerl damjan at damjan.net
Thu Feb 13 00:19:09 MET 2014

This text I write some months ago to the ouncloud forum, but have
receive a response to try to post the question to the developers, so I'm
here:
-------------------
Hi to all! I have recently discovered ownCloud and install it on a web
server (of my domain with linux/apache hosted by aruba.it). All works ok
and then I try to configure a WebDAV plugin on my home pc win program
TotalCommander to send/receive files. Here I find a problem on sending
files that don't work: every PUT command return a error "501 Not
Implemented". After some discussion/testing with TotalCommander plugin
users/developers and after testing that with OwnCloud own client work
ok, but with another WebDAV prog CarotDAV have the same problem we
sorted the problem in "that my server doesn't like Content-Type header".
After installing a modified version of plugin that don't use
content-type all work ok. And here is my question: is this a known
problem, or maybe a bug or maybe also a problem of my server
(configuration etc.)? What can I do to solve the problem on "server"?

Here [0] it is the link to TotalCommander forum with discussion on this
problem. I have owncloud 5.0.10 php 5.3.27 on an apache/linux server.

I have recently installed the last version of oc 6.0.1 and the problem
is the same. Can this problem be managed in ownCloud?

Thank you!
Damjan G.

[0] http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=272593