[owncloud-devel] [OwnCloud-Packaging] ownCloud 6.0.2 planing

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Thu Feb 20 15:09:23 MET 2014

On 20.02.2014, at 14:47, Diederik de Haas <didi.debian at cknow.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 20 February 2014 14:40:24 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
>> - 26.2. Release of RC1
>> - 28.2. Release of final 6.0.2 tar file to packagers
>
> Why is there (always) such a short period between a beta/RC and the final
> release?
> This hardly gives ppl a chance to install and test it and/or figure out
> what/where/why things went wrong and to report it and have time to fix it.

Hi Diederik,

thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately we have a timing challenge here. But we can do the RC1 one day earlier. So the schedule looks like that:

- 24.2. All fixes have to be backported to stable6
- 25.2. Release of RC1
- 28.2. Release of final 6.0.2 tar file to packagers
- 3.3.  6.0.2 release

Does this work for everyone?

Frank