[owncloud-devel] [OwnCloud-Packaging] ownCloud 6.0.2 planing

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Thu Feb 20 15:32:07 MET 2014

On Thursday 20 February 2014 15:09:23 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> > Why is there (always) such a short period between a beta/RC and the final
> > release?
> > This hardly gives ppl a chance to install and test it and/or figure out
> > what/where/why things went wrong and to report it and have time to fix it.
>
> thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately we have a timing challenge here. But
> we can do the RC1 one day earlier.

It was actually ment as a general question wrt the release management of OC.

When there are fixes for security issues, it makes total sense to release those
as soon as possible.
I also support the idea of 'release early, release often', but *I* have the
feeling that too many times the releases are 'rushed' because of the small
time window between beta/RC and the actual release.

Cheers,
   Diederik
--
GPG: 0x138E41915C7EFED6