[owncloud-devel] [OwnCloud-Packaging] ownCloud 6.0.2 planing

Michael mike at draftx.net
Thu Feb 20 15:59:53 MET 2014

I want to echo Diederik here. Stability/bugs have been my issues with OC on
my personal install. Files disappearing and all those related issues(in the
past). While it has gotten better, there have been regressions as well that
didn't get caught before a rollout. Hell, right now I'm running an outdated
version because I'm scared to update; OC made me restore from backup
before(which I never like doing, I don't have the time to do a multi-tiered
backup like I would like).

Maybe if we release security update versions, with minimal changes, and all
other changes separately this would help. I do know I would appreciate more
through testing and a longer period of change freezes to allow for more
testing.

While these issues have gotten better as the project matures, there is
still issues out there and there is a lingering mistrust of OC(look at the
OC subreddit for examples).

My 2 cents,
Michael