[owncloud-devel] ownCloud 7 RC 2

Lukas Reschke lukas at owncloud.org
Wed Jul 16 18:41:07 GMT 2014

> On 16 Jul 2014, at 15:53, Jan-Christoph Borchardt <hey at jancborchardt.net> wrote:
>
> The Notes and Music apps seem to be missing from the release.
> I was under the impression the updater code is done and thus now those two apps could be included.
>
> Cause they are really well done and good examples of useful apps. If Bernhard and Morris agree their apps are ready for prime-time, it would be cool to include them.

More apps in the standard distribution means more bugs and a broader attack surface.

I also really like those two apps and they are probably my often used ones. Also Morris and Bernhard are awesome and talented folks :-)
However, I’m somewhat hesitant adding such big amounts of code to the standard distribution so early before a release.

We need clearly defined guidelines and processed what we add to the default distribution  and *when*. If we drop everything into it a week before a release bad things will happen. The code is neither completely peer reviewed (bugs / security issues / etc…) nor thoroughly tested with the new release.

@Frank: Your opinion, please. THX. If we add this to the standard distribution I’d like to review those before which means we should move the release at least a week to July 30th. I don’t have time before.

- Lukas