[owncloud-devel] ownCloud Contributor Conference travel support

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 14:43:11 GMT 2014

On Wednesday 16 July 2014 17:17:47 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As you know - less than 6 weeks from now, the ownCloud Contributor
> Conference will kick off. Time to start booking!
>
> We want as many contributors to be there as possible. For some of you,
> money is the reason they can't make it. For those, we have a limited
> budget to support travel- and hotel costs. I've already received some
> requests and hereby invite the rest of you to ask when you need it.
>
> So, if you can't make it to the event without financial support: send me an
> estimation of travel- and hotel costs and we see what we can do.
>
> Note:
> * There is a limited budget and we will have to prioritize.
> * We reimburse afterward based on receipts
> * We pay at most 80% of the estimation you send to me. If the costs turn
> out higher, sorry. If they are lower, we pay at most 80% of the receipt
> values!
>
> Deadline is *this Friday*. After that, if there is budget left - first
> come, first serve.
>
> Again, we want as many of you to be there, so if you can't make it without
> support - please, don't hesitate to let me know. If you CAN make it without
> financial help, please give others a chance to get support. You can also
> indicate you don't need the full 80% but, for example, only 50 or even
> less.
>
> Ideally, mail my owncloud.com address (jos at etc) but gmail is fine, too
> :D
>
> And for those who didn't register yet - do so! See http://owncloud.org/conf
>
> It will be fun ;-)
> Jos

I have noticed that the cheapest two hotel options on the website seem to be
full. Luckily, there are MANY small hotels near by the venue, I suggest you
look around a bit with your favorite search engine. Tom Needham found Hotel
Lützow which charges around Eur 40/night, for example:
http://alturl.com/kevc4

Another option is to pick a hotel a little further away and travel. If you
found a good option, feel free to share here so some fellow ownClouders could
pick that same hotel!

Have fun,
Jos