[owncloud-devel] Conference slide template for talks

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 10:03:08 GMT 2014

On Friday 18 July 2014 14:36:53 Bernhard Posselt wrote:
> Hi conference attendees,
>
> I didn't find any templates for the conference slides yet, so I've
> started a project which can be used as a starting point. It's based on
> remarkjs (http://remarkjs.com) and uses Markdown for creating the slides
> which are rendered using HTML, JavaScript and CSS. This makes it very
> easy to modify and add syntaxhighlighted code.
>
> I know that you can also use LaTex to create PDFs with syntax
> highlighted code but I suppose the devs that will attend the conference
> and hold a talk will be more familiar with the usual webstack and Markdown
>
> The project is by far complete, I hope the design will be improved a lot
> by various pull requests. The repository is on github:
> https://github.com/Raydiation/owncloud-conference-slide-template

Great to have a slide template for the conf - I'd really like to have one for
generic ownCloud presentations, too.

For the workshops you can use your own laptop but note that for the lightning
talks, I need slides send to me in advance so I can create a single, large
PDF out of it so we don't waste time changing laptops...  So a PDF output
would be needed for that ;-)