[owncloud-devel] ownCloud tag on StackOverflow

Bernhard Posselt dev at bernhard-posselt.com
Tue Jul 22 16:54:06 GMT 2014

I think it's important to be where the people are, that is of course if
you want to spread ownCloud to more people.

Regarding the Stackoverflow plattform it's built to solve problems
whereas the forum has become a plattform for rants/trolls, misplaced bug
reports and setup questions (just go through the posts and you'll see
what I mean). Let's say we'd close the forum, rants and bug reports
would not make it onto Stackoverflow (they'd be closed immediately) and
setup questions could profit from the additional tags like apache/nginx

I think its worth considering to close the forum/make it readonly and
focus on IRC, the mailing list and Stackoverflow.

just my thoughts