[owncloud-devel] ownCloud tag on StackOverflow

Sudhir Khanger sudhir at sudhirkhanger.com
Tue Jul 22 18:40:16 GMT 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Bernhard Posselt
<dev at bernhard-posselt.com> wrote:

> I think its worth considering to close the forum/make it readonly and
> focus on IRC, the mailing list and Stackoverflow.

Ubuntu has moved away from forums and Fedora is slowly moving towards
Askbot which is an open source Stackoverflow clone. Mailing list and
IRC are great for developers and should be left for them.

Instead of making presence all over the place I think choosing one
official user support platform is very important just to make sure
that they are always directed to right information. For example take
Arch Linux, you will always find some great information on their Wiki
and someone will always reply to your post on their forums. They only
use Forums to refer folks to Wiki and all bugs go to their bug
support. Anything not on topic is deleted. That's a great way to steer
and maintain a community.

--
Regards,
Sudhir Khanger.