[owncloud-devel] Owncloud 7.0 fresh install with Ubuntu 14.04.

Oliver Gasser oliver at flowriver.net
Thu Jul 24 10:02:00 GMT 2014

Hi Daniel,

it's good to make ownCloud available to more users. And virtual machine
images are definitely one possibility to do so.

However, it's bad security practice to distribute an image with a static
SSL key. The key for the self-signed certificate should be newly
generated on the first boot. Otherwise all these machines will be using
the same SSL private key. This especially holds for publicly accessible
sites, as you advise to do via the NoIP service.

Additionally, you can remove the unneded *.log files from the archive.

Best regards,
Oliver