[owncloud-devel] Owncloud 7.0 fresh install with Ubuntu 14.04.

Daniel Hansson enoch85 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:26:53 GMT 2014

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your input, I will definitely remove the *.log files in the next
update.

About the SSL, yes I understand. Not good practice, but still a solution to
a problem. Do you have any other suggestions? :)

Like I wrote, this is for users struggling with getting their self-signed
SSL to work, and maybe don´t know so much about Linux, or setting up
servers. I have made a earlier release of my own that I´ve spread on the
internet, and I get like 5 requests per week asking for help with my
instance. So yes, there is a need for this.

If I take myself as an example I was introduced to Owncloud a little more
than a year ago in the same way as I presented here. Now I´m an active user
and contributor. The goal with this release is the same, get more people to
like Owncloud and see the benefits, and also join the community to help
make Owncloud even better.

I kindly accept suggestions on how to make this .vmdk better. Non-good SSL
practice I know, but is it better to just run HTTP and missing out on the
benefits of using it in public? Sooner or later I think that you as the
end-user realize that it´s better to buy your own certificate, and if
you´re the slightest interested maybe you even build your own server and
set it up from scratch, see this as a "practice-owncloud machine" to try it
out.

As I said, suggestions on impropements are more than welcome.

Best Regards
Daniel Hansson