[owncloud-devel] ownCloud Conf & Freiheit statt Angst

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:38:32 GMT 2014

On Monday 21 July 2014 15:43:43 Alessandro Cosentino wrote:
> I am sad for the overlap too, but moving the workshop to Sunday is a
> bad idea. It's too late, there might be people who have already booked
> the return flight for Sunday. How about Friday?

That might make sense. What do you all think about doing this:
Friday workshop day.
* Morning for existing contributors/advanced stuff
* Afternoon for newbies
Saturday demo and lightning talks
* morning: we all join Freiheit statt Angst and tell people to join us if
they are interested in making the change happen rather than complain that it
doesn't ;-)
* Afternoon: a single track of lightning talks where we can share what we've
been up to

I do realize this has downsides: not everybody can be there on Friday - some
might be able to only join for for the weekend.

We could perhaps deal with this by having another track of beginners'
workshops on Sunday morning - if some of you are willing to help out/do that.
We can do this demand-based, of course. Getting new people involved is very
important, I think, so we should try to make accommodations for that!

What does everybody think?

/J