[owncloud-devel] Owncloud 7.0 fresh install with Ubuntu 14.04.

Mark Ziegler mark.ziegler at rakekniven.de
Thu Jul 24 19:32:37 GMT 2014

Am 24.07.14 21:15, schrieb Jos Poortvliet:
> Honestly, I think Dropbox, Box and other providers are already dead.
> No way they can compete. Dropbox gets that and is buying companies
> like crazy in the hope that one of them has some kind of silver bullet
> to keep them alive through some innovative new feature. Consequently
> they are slowly catching up to us on features (still behind...). But I
> don't think it will save them. /J

Really good statement.
All of the netdrive space providers are throwing free gigabytes on the
market and double them every 6 month.
But the most benefit of owncloud is "my data is at my home under my
control"! Also if google allures me with 100 gb super fast space I will
not take it. I live in germany and want to have my data under "my" law.
So hosting is not a market. Better sell ready to use raspberries with
owncloud installed. Make it easy to setup and get a partnership with
some dyndns provider.

Mark