[owncloud-devel] Owncloud 7.0 fresh install with Ubuntu 14.04.

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 13:31:40 GMT 2014

On Friday 25 July 2014 10:17:01 David A. Velasco wrote:
> El 24/07/2014 22:13, Curtis Zimmerman escribió:
> > On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Mark Ziegler
> >
> > <mark.ziegler at rakekniven.de <mailto:mark.ziegler at rakekniven.de>> wrote:
> >     So hosting is not a market. Better sell ready to use raspberries
> >     with owncloud installed. Make it easy to setup and get a
> >     partnership with some dyndns provider.
> >
> > Something interesting about this raspberry point... I used to work for
> > a company which develops a very popular open source Unix-based
> > firewall. There were too few resources inside the company (and too
> > many existing resources tangled up in side projects) to move forward
> > quickly on this idea, but it was definitely recognized as the next big
> > thing to sell to grandma and grandpa to replace or complement their
> > existing wireless router or home ISP setup. A small piece of hardware
> > loaded up with open source products like SquirrelMail and FreePBX and
> > of course OwnCloud. I believe it's a killer app, really. Also, there
> > exists at least one company which is selling a product exactly like
> > this on the market now, though I can't seem to remember who they are.
>
> World needs this as soon as yesterday. Really.

There's a bunch of projects doing stuff like that - the freedombox being one
of them, of course, but there is more. Might be a good idea to create a list
of projects that can deliver easy-to-use hardware with ownCloud... Software-
wise there are some solutions too but they still require ppl to install and
manage that and not everybody can do that.

Anybody know of things that fit the bill? Share here and I'll put them on a
page...

/J