[owncloud-devel] reddit thread: Sync daemon on server?

Sven sdze at icloud.com
Mon Jul 28 12:20:29 GMT 2014

Hi,

I think you don't need a sync daemon.

To get a push experience, I would design an EventStream in PHP.

Mozilla explains this technology here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Server-sent_events/Using_server-sent_events

So basically its a client side open socket to a php script and the php script pushes in an infinite loop all changes to the client.

Instead of polling for changes, PHP handles this.

Greets,
Sven