[owncloud-devel] Viewing medical DICOM images with ownCloud

Aaron Boxer boxerab at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 15:03:41 GMT 2014

 I would like to store and view medical DICOM images on ownCloud.
DICOM images require a special viewer to view the files: I am currently
building a web viewer for DICOM.

I am posting to see what would it would take to add this functionality:
when a user clicks a DICOM image ( with tag .dcm), they would see
a thumbnail picture of the image. When the user double clicks,
a new tab would be launched with the image name and some meta
data passed in as paramaters.

Any thoughts or feedback on this would be very much appreciated.

Also, is there any existing third party app that does something similar?

Thanks!
Aaron