[owncloud-devel] Viewing medical DICOM images with ownCloud

Aaron Boxer boxerab at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 16:04:10 GMT 2014

Hi Klaas,

I appreciate your enthusiasm! Thanks.

I think this is the future for medical image/document management.

Of course, images are still stored mostly on PACS DICOM archives.
But it would be interesting to federate ownCloud with a PACS server:
images on ownCloud would be symlinks to the actual images on the PACS,
and clicking them would pull them down and display them. And ownCloud
could cache the images for a defined period of time, so performance would
be good
for the next view.

I have a lot of other ideas. But first, I need to figure out how to simply
display DICOM images.
I will look at the pdf viewer, that looks like it will be helpful

Cheers,
Aaron