[owncloud-devel] Testing App

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Mon Jun 2 14:54:10 GMT 2014

Hi,

we as in the desktop client team have a series of test scripts written
in perl, called t1.pl, t2.pl and so on. It does black box testing on the
sync engine library and is an important part of our testing. We want to
improve on testing the error cases.

What really would be beneficial for that would be a small ownCloud
server app that helps testing in this way: It provides a POST url where
we post a file name and the http reply code we would like to get back
the next time we access the file via WebDAV.

So, for example, we post file=foobar.txt&http_reply=401 and next time we
do a GET on foobar.txt, the server responds with 401.

That would be a great start, later we could think of more.

Can anybody help us writing this app? That would be great.

regards,

Klaas