[owncloud-devel] OC7 new layout questions

Vincent Petry pvince81 at owncloud.com
Mon Jun 16 11:05:09 GMT 2014

Hello Patrick,

The reason why the old FileActions.register() is limited to "All files"
is because many older apps cannot deal with more than one file list /
container, so it is kept as legacy approach.

Also, different file lists have different file actions: for example the
"Deleted files" only has "Restore" and "Delete".

If you want to make your app work with the other file list views, please
use OCA.Files.fileActions.register() instead which will register the
actions for all the other lists (except "Deleted Files").

The action function now has a new "context" argument containing an
instance of "fileList" (the current FileList instance) and also a "dir"
argument that tells you in what directory the file is.
This is because in the "Shared with you" view the viewed files are not
all in the same directory.

Here is an example handler:
        OCA.Files.fileActions.register(
            'file',
            'ActionNameId',
            OC.PERMISSION_UPDATE,
            function() {
                 return OC.imagePath('core','actions/someactionicon');
            }, function(filename, context){
                // (...)
                // context.dir contains the file's directory
                // context.fileList contains the instance of FileList
that called this
                // context.fileActions contains the instance of
FileActions from which this was called

            }, t('yourapp', 'Action Name')
        );

If your app is embedding anything in the $('#filestable') or
$('#content') container, it might need some extra fixing to make it use
the current list's container.

Let me know if you need more details.

Cheers,

Vincent