[owncloud-devel] ownCloud Client 1.6.1 RC 1 released

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Mon Jun 23 13:02:58 GMT 2014

Hi,

we are on the way to release 1.6.1 later this week. Today, there is the
first release candidate available for your testing.

Release 1.6.1 is the first bug fixing release for the 1.6 family. It
fixes a couple of severe bugs that were reported by you: First and
foremost we fixed deployment issues on the windows platform, so that a
lot of problems with the SSL encryption are fixed. Moreover, there were
some crash reports which should also be fixed with 1.6.1.

Please grab a test version from
http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/#testing
and help us testing. We prepared builds for Mac, Win and some Linux distros.

Needless to say that you should be careful with production data, as this
is not yet released software.

Bug reports are hosted on github at
https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues Please, before posting a new
bug, try to check if it was already reported.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Klaas
for the desktop team.