[owncloud-devel] What needs testing?

Vincent Petry pvince81 at owncloud.com
Thu Jun 26 07:55:20 GMT 2014

Hi,

- regression testing of the files app web UI (file operations, drag and
drop, etc) and also the public page
- make sure that apps still work:
	- apps that add new file actions in the files list
	- viewer apps that show the contents of files directly in the files
view (like the text editor, the gallery app or the PDF viewer)
	- same for 3rd party apps people might be using, so need to notify
their devs earlier
- "unshare from self" feature where someone can remove themselves from a
folder that was shared with them, combine this with group sharing and
also sharing multiple times with the same user through different ways.
(ex: share with group, but one member of the group unshares the folder
from self)

For many of the file-related tests it is important to not only test in
the Web UI but also with the sync client and/or WebDAV access. (for
example moving shared folders)

You could point people to the test plan here:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/Testplan
But I find it's a bit too long and should eventually be split in smaller
pages.
And also it should be updated to reflect the new features / test steps.

Cheers,

Vincent