[owncloud-devel] What needs testing?

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at owncloud.com
Thu Jun 26 08:00:46 GMT 2014

Hi Jos,

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 23:19:42 +0200 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> I'm working on a Call for Testing. Anything you think should really
> be given a serious workout, any specific scenarios or things you
> can't test yourself? Please let me know!
>
> Right now, I'll mention these:
> - server to server sharing
> - database compatibility
> - upgradeing from older ownClouds
> - cross browser compatibility
> - New Sharing without shared folder
> - ownCloud Documents
> - New Activity feed
>
> What else would you like to see tested?

Generally it would be good to enable the encryption app right at
the beginning and do all the tests with encryption enabled. Encryption
touches most of these activities, so this would be a great test for
both the encryption app in general and for the different apps to see if
they work correctly with encryption.

Explicitly for encryption it would be nice to test:
- password change
- password recovery
- disable encryption and decrypt all files in the personal settings

cheers,
Björn

--
Björn Schießle <schiessle at owncloud.com>