[owncloud-devel] Projects for OPW

Morris Jobke morris.jobke at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 22:12:39 MET 2014

Hi Anjana,

I reply to this mailinglist thread to keep the discussion at one place.

> My name is Anjana .I am participating in foss outreach program for women
this
> time.I would like to work on owncloud- I found Music apps functionality
as
> very interesting.Since I'm totally new to this community,Sincerely I don't
> have any idea about where to start with this project.

Setting up an ownCloud instance is a quite good start to get familiar with
the
project. I suggest you to do this like described under [1] (the contribute
site
at owncloud.org/contribute is quite outdated). If you're not familiar with
Git
as version control system give it at [2] a try.

> I have an basic understanding in most of the designing+graphics related
> programming language.I am also interested to study more things that I
don't
> Know.

I assume that you mean things like HTML and CSS. Therefore design related
issues
are a good starting point. Maybe have a look at the junior jobs of the
design
section. [3]

For music app specifc stuff you can add the music app by simply clone the
music
repo [4] to the "apps" folder inside the "core" repo - then you just need
to go
to the web interface and enable it.

If you have further questions just directly ask them on IRC (and ping me) or
write to this mailinglist.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,
Morris