[owncloud-devel] [testpilots] New sharing arrived, who wants to give it a try?

Jakub Moscicki Jakub.Moscicki at cern.ch
Mon May 5 14:43:57 GMT 2014

Hello,

I have several questions:

 - I think that many users actually appreciate to have a clean separation of shared and "normal" files provided by /Shared folder (and being able to find all Shared things in one place)
 - what would be the impact on the efficiency of top-level PROPFIND with Depth=1 (especially on the database) if shared items are placed on the top-level?
 - what would you do if a file/directory /X existed already and a file/directory with the same basename X was shared by a another user later?

What about having a separate folder pair on the client that would sync only the Shared items? For example, ~/ownCloud.Shared or alike. And a separate button (in the app tab?) to access shared items.

I understand the desire to integrated shared items seamlessly into the file system view but I think shared things are really different and for many reasons separating them seems a better option to me.

Regards,

kuba