[owncloud-devel] Change encryption length

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at owncloud.com
Wed May 14 16:43:30 GMT 2014

Hi Emidio,

On 14/05/14 17:46, Emidio Stani wrote:
> I still have to see the Owncloud encryption app however in some blog and
> in the forum I fount that the encryption is based on AES-128 and since I
> have been reading that Dropbox uses AES-256, I was wondering if it is
> possible to increase such level to 256 or even 512.

AES-512 isn't supported by the PHP openssl library, if I remember
correctly. But AES-256 would be possible. Actually this is something we
already thought about. We just need some time to implement it with a
proper migration routine. I already have some ideas how this could work.
Are you interested in implementing it? If you want I could give you some
pointer and assist you if needed.

cheers,
Björn

--