[owncloud-devel] ownCloud Client 1.6.0 rc3

Daniel Molkentin danimo at owncloud.com
Wed May 28 16:48:10 GMT 2014

Hi,

Today we are releasing Release Candidate 3 of ownCloud Client 1.6.0.
RC3 marks the last release candidate before 1.6.0 final, which we hope
to still ship this week.

1.6.0 is a big feature release with significant performance performance
but also in other areas. I have summarized this in a blog post written
for the beta1 release:

https://daniel.molkentin.net/2014/04/09/owncloud-client-1-6-the-tour/

Please test the builds available through
http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/#testing with a test user on your
ownCloud installation.

Your testing is very important because only with that we can keep up
with good quality of the software and further improve it.

The most important changes:

- [Fix] Don't lose files on case-insensitive client filesystems
- Fix a couple of reported crashes
- Bug fixing

Please report bugs to http://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues after
having carefully checked that it wasn't reported before. Please add the
tag [1.6.0 rc3] tag to new bugs subject line.

Cheers,
 Daniel