[owncloud-devel] ownbook

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Fri May 30 17:02:00 GMT 2014

Hi,

there where some discussions the last few month about a possible way to connect a Chromebook to an ownCloud server instead of the Google services.
This is getting more concrete now.

Here are some initial thought how this could be done.
https://github.com/owncloud/apps/wiki/ownbook---project-brainstorming

I´m wondering if someone here is interested to work on that. I think we basically need two things. We need to patch ChromeOS to talk to a different host. And we need to improve ownCloud to be a full oauth2 server and to provide all the necessary APIs.

Is someone here interested in working on that? We can create a dedicated repository to host wiki pages, issues and code.

What do you guys think?

Frank

P.S. Yes. I know that the codename ownbook is stupid. ;-)