[owncloud-devel] ownCloud Client 1.7.0 Release

Emidio Stani emidiostani at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 15:51:11 GMT 2014

Hello Klaas,

thanks for the good news !

Just a simple question, but does it still have full backward support with
Owncloud 6 or better use 1.6.4 ?

On 7 November 2014 14:28, Klaas Freitag <freitag at owncloud.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we're happy to announce that ownCloud Client 1.7.0 was released today and
> is ready for you to install and use it.
>
> ownCloud Client 1.7.0 is a big release. First and foremost, it supports
> new features of ownCloud 7, for example the new sharing. ownCloud Client
> 1.7.0 now comes with overlay icons in the most popular file managers on the
> supported platforms. The icons visualize the sync- and sharing state of
> synced files on the desktop.
>
> The second great new feature of ownCloud Client 1.7.0 is selective sync.
> Within a sync folder, subtrees can be excluded from sync to the client.
> That makes syncing of huge data sets easier to customize.
>
> Apart from these two lighthouse improvements this version also brings a
> significant amount of bigger and smaller improvements that make syncing
> with ownCloud faster, more reliable and more enjoyable.
>
> Please grab your version from the links below.
>
> Let me also thank you all for your great help to let do this big release.
> Without your commitment and ongoing efforts we could not do ownCloud. This
> is a great community experience, thanks!
>
> Have fun,
>
> Klaas
>
> for the desktop team.
>
> Links:
> =====
> Win: https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-1.7.0.
> 4162-setup.exe
> Mac: https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-1.7.0.1339.pkg
> Linux: https://software.opensuse.org/download/package?project=isv:
> ownCloud:desktop&package=owncloud-client
> Source: https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/mirall-1.7.0.tar.bz2

Emidio STANI | Open Source Consultant | Global Public Sector - EU
Management Consulting Team
Unisys Belgium | Bourgetlaan 20 - Avenue Du Bourget 20 | B-1130 Brussels |
Tel: +32 2 728.08.32 | Net: 775 3832 | Fax: +32 2 728.07.50 | Web:
http://www.unisys.be