[owncloud-devel] Ubuntu Touch app - Need a few answers.

Daniel Holm d.holmen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 16:11:43 GMT 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm, together with a team of five, developing a ownCloud integration
service and application for Ubuntu Touch.

The project contains of two parts:
1. A account provider and multiple services (contacts, calendar, files)
2. The app - browser of files and such.

The app is, right now, just a WebView showing the actual web page of
the OC instance.
That works fine, whle usig OC7 and we might make it use WebDAV further
in the future.

Now, we want to upload files to the OC instance. I was thinking of
using a cURL library in JavaaScript and upload using something like:
curl -X PUT -u username:password
"http://yourserver.com/owncloud/remote.php/webdav/file.zip" -F
myfile=@"/Users/Javi/Downloads/file.zip"

But I just wanted to ask: Is there an easier way of uploading files?

Our app uses QML and JavaScript ONLY.

Every time I seach for ownCloud and API I find like ShareAPI, which is
for existing files in the cloud, and API for creating apps for the
actual ownCloud web service. Correct me if I am wrong.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

I have no Android or iOS development experiance and am completely
unable to understand any of that code. But I understand that the
Android app has it's own library.

Project: https://launchpad.net/owncloud-app

Yours sincerely,
Daniel HolmHello everyone,