[owncloud-devel] Ubuntu Touch app - Need a few answers.

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Nov 18 12:17:13 GMT 2014

Hi,

On Monday, November 17, 2014 20:23:34 Daniel Holm wrote:
> > If QML's JS supports XMLHttpRequest it should be possible to write a
> > generic library based on such calls (goal would be to make it work
> > with QML, Node JS and later browsers)
>
> QML's JS does support XmlHttpRequest from what I've understood. I think
> I've actually used it so I am fairly certain.

I think two things are relevant and interesting:

- QtQuick (the library) can do XmlHttpRequests, the Xml in that name is
actually misleading, as it can also be json, which is then very easy to parse
in a pure QML application. I've done that, and it's quite easy to get working
reliably

- For upload and access to local files, you'll want to implement a small
object in C++, that seems to be by far the easiest way to do it. This means
that it's a bit harder to deploy, but you can actually do the whole network
communication in a safe and controlled manner

I don't know what the exact requirements are, but the above seems relevant in
the light of this thread.

sebas