[owncloud-devel] Help us with Project Ideas page

Alessandro Cosentino cosenal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 19:36:26 GMT 2014

Hi all,

Google has announced the student program Summer of Code 2015 ( see the
official announcement:
http://google-opensource.blogspot.ca/2014/10/google-summer-of-code-2015-and-google.html
)

Most probably there will also be another Summer round of OPW (Now it's
called FOSS Outreach -- https://gnome.org/opw/).

ownCloud will participate in both these programs (check this page for
more details on ownCloud past participations on these programs:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki#internships-and-students-programs)

I will follow up with more details later on, but in the meantime, we
need your help:

Our Project Ideas page needs love! --
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/Project-ideas
If you have in mind a cool project for ownCloud, please add it there.
If you are in doubt whether the project has the right size/difficulty
level, or whether it would benefit ownCloud at all, discuss it on our
mailing lists first.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask myself, Jan, Jos, or
Thomas (in cc).

We aim at having at least 10 projects in that page before the programs
start (in March). Help us to reach that goal, we can do it!

In the next months I will be extremely busy finishing up my PhD
thesis, but I will try to help as much as I can.

Alessandro