[owncloud-devel] LDAP Decryption Problem

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Thu Sep 4 08:51:59 GMT 2014

On Wednesday 03 Sep 2014 15:46:36 Sean Bowen-Williams wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm sure you're tired of my emails. To recap, I'm coding an app
> for Northwestern University who is trying to transition to OwnCloud. The
> app converts videos stored on our OwnCloud instance using ffmpeg. It now
> works with encryption on as well.
>
> It works by using \OC\Files\Filesystem::file_get_contents($path) to pull
> the video data, then converts it, and reuploads it as a new file.
>
> This works on local OwnCloud accounts. However, when trying to use
> file_get_contents on our LDAP authenticated users, it returns an empty file.
>
> Thoughts?

I have no idea how you script works, but things you should have in mind:

- apps of type "authentication" need to be loaded before doing anything with
users

-  LDAP users may have different data (home) folder names, but the Filesystem
should deal properly with it (given that above applies). Do not hardcode
paths.

Cheers
Arthur

XMPP: blizzz at jabber.arthur-schiwon.de