[owncloud-devel] How to use the ownCloud API in a Perl script?

Hoffmann, Patrick HOP at bito.de
Wed Sep 10 11:37:07 GMT 2014

Hello,

I think you should use PHP/Javascript/AJAX/JQuery only, because as far as I know perl isn’t a dependency of OC.
You should be able to do everything using them. If you really want to use perl, I think using PHP-scripts to return the API values would be the easiest.

You can try:

//Your perl script
Require LWP::UserAgent;

my $val = LWP::UserAgent->new;
my $response = $val->get(‘AJAX/perlapicall.php/?apimethod=UserExists&apivalue=tom’);

and inside the PHP-script:

//perlapicall.php inside the AJAX folder of your app.
<?php
Switch($_GET[‘apimethod’])
{
                case  “UserExists”:
                //Returns the value from the API call if user Tom exists…
                return OCP\User:UserExists($_GET[‘apivalue’]);

                //…other methods
}
?>

I’m not really into perl, but something that way could be possible. It’s just pseudo code…

Cheers,

Patt