[owncloud-devel] Resend: Announcement: Dolphin plugin v0.1

Brüns, Stefan Stefan.Bruens at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Sep 10 14:47:16 GMT 2014

Hi,

I have finished a first simple version of a ownCloud plugin for KDEs Dolphin.
It is able to retrieve the sync status from the ownCloud client, although it
is somewhat limited compared with e.g. the Nautilus emblems/overlays.

The limitation is due to the differences between Nautilus and Dolphin.
Nautilus is able to show arbitrary icons as emblems, whereas my plugin uses
the KVersionControlPlugin2 class. This limits the sync state to untracked,
current and syncing, sharing state is not reflected.

The current code can be retrieved from
https://github.com/StefanBruens/dolphin-plugin-owncloud

Binary packages are available for openSUSE 12.3 and 13.1:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/StefanBruens:/branches:/KDE:/Current/openSUSE_13.1/

The code depends on KDE4 libraries and Qt4, but I think it should be trivial
to compile it against KF5/Qt5. This is also the reason for keeping this out of
mirall - it will be useful for distributions to compile it against Qt4 and Qt5
and provide both packages.

Kind regards,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
home: +49 241 53809034     mobile: +49 151 50412019