[owncloud-devel] Resend: Announcement: Dolphin plugin v0.1

Olivier Goffart olivier at owncloud.com
Fri Sep 12 14:22:42 GMT 2014

On Wednesday 10 September 2014 14:47:16 Brüns, Stefan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have finished a first simple version of a ownCloud plugin for KDEs
> Dolphin. It is able to retrieve the sync status from the ownCloud client,
> although it is somewhat limited compared with e.g. the Nautilus
> emblems/overlays.
>
> The limitation is due to the differences between Nautilus and Dolphin.
> Nautilus is able to show arbitrary icons as emblems, whereas my plugin uses
> the KVersionControlPlugin2 class. This limits the sync state to untracked,
> current and syncing, sharing state is not reflected.
>
> The current code can be retrieved from
> https://github.com/StefanBruens/dolphin-plugin-owncloud
>
> Binary packages are available for openSUSE 12.3 and 13.1:
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/StefanBruens:/branches:/KDE:
> /Current/openSUSE_13.1/
>
> The code depends on KDE4 libraries and Qt4, but I think it should be trivial
> to compile it against KF5/Qt5. This is also the reason for keeping this out
> of mirall - it will be useful for distributions to compile it against Qt4
> and Qt5 and provide both packages.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for writing this plugin.

We are also (slowly) working in getting the overlay icon to work in Dolphin.
And as you mentioned KVersionControlPlugin is limited as we cannot show the
shared state which we would really want to have.

Which is why we are trying to get a new interface in Dolphin to have generic
overlay icons
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kfm-devel&m=140561974628961&w=2

--
Olivier