[owncloud-devel] How to store bin and prev. versions on the external storages

Antonello Lobianco (not reply) blackhole at lobianco.org
Sun Sep 21 08:55:52 GMT 2014

Hello,
   when I add an external storage (a local storage pointing to a CurlFtpFS
mounted folder in my case, but I guess it's general of the external storage
architecture) I notice that only the current files are saved on the
external storage.
Is there a way to save on the external storage also the bin
(files_trashbin) and the previous versions (files_version) ?

Using external storage pointing to the CurlFtpFS dir is relativelly fast.
Now I just symlinked the owncloud data dir to the CurlftpFS dir (hence not
using any "external storage") but the web interface of OwnCloud is very
slow.

In other words, what I would like to achieve is to keep the metadata and
the cache in the owncloud server but move all files (including bin and
previous versions) to the FTP server (my home NAS).
Any suggestion on how to achieve it ? Thank you

/Antonello

--
Antonello Lobianco