[owncloud-devel] How to store bin and prev. versions on the external storages

Vincent Petry pvince81 at owncloud.com
Mon Sep 22 09:20:11 GMT 2014

Hi Antonello,

As far as I know this isn't currently possible/supported.

In OC 7 there is a new concept of home storage that can be stored on a
different server, but it currently only supports SWIFT object stores
which would basically have the whole data folder inside an object store.

Even if it did work with FTP, it is very likely that you'd have the same
issues you had when moving your whole data folder on the FTP.

One thing you could try is symlinking the "files_versions" folder into
the FTP storage, but you'd have to do that for every user.

Cheers,

Vincent